GUADALAJARA CONSTRUYE in Los Angeles 1 / Work-in-progress Competition.
Call for entries for Latino and Ibero-American film projects currently in post-production:
Wanting to contribute to the completion of Latino and Ibero-American films, Guadalajara Construye in Los Angeles 1 is seeking feature films that are currently in post-production, made by either Latino or Ibero-American directors living in North America (USA or Canada), or by American and Canadian directors who have a film with Latino or Latin American content.
Guadalajara Construye in Los Angeles 1 will take place on September 4 and 5, 2014 as part of the Guadalajara International Film Festival in Los Angeles – FICG in LA.
Three feature fiction films seeking post-production funds will be chosen to screen for the jury and film industry professionals at FICG in LA. Guadalajara Construye in Los Angeles 1 is working to garner specific support for the post-production and commercial distribution of selected films. The awards will be announced in the coming weeks.
In addition, the winning project will automatically qualify to be considered for Guadalajara Construye 9, or for the Ibero-American Competition of the next edition of the Guadalajara International Film Festival (FICG30) – March 6 - 15, 2015.
All selected projects will have:
- One screening of the film for members of the industry and the jury as part of FICG in LA.
- Inclusion of their project information in the FICG in LA program book and website (www.ficginla.com)
- Lodging for three (3) nights in Los Angeles (One double room per project from September 3 thru 6, 2014). Each participant will be responsible for covering travel and meal expenses.
- Two festival accreditation badges for representatives of each project.
- Project submission is free.
- Projects must be submitted by its legal representative or submitter must provide a letter of authorization by the legal representative of the project.
- The call for entries starts on June 20, 2014. Final deadline is on July 21, 2014
- Submitted projects must be at least a first cut of the film with a minimum length of 70 minutes and must not exceed 100 minutes.
- FICG in LA reserves the right to invite any of the projects and its decision is final. The participants will receive a notification with the results of the selection on August 4, 2014.
- The selected projects must confirm their participation in Guadalajara Construye in Los Angeles 1 before August 8th 2014, otherwise their participation will be automatically cancelled.
- Once a film has been confirmed, the submitter must send two (2) master screening copies in Blu-Ray format and one (1) DVD copy of the film. The film copies must have stereo sound and include English or Spanish subtitles depending on the original language of film. These copies will not be returned.
- Participants will cover the cost of print shipping. The discs copies must be received in Los Angeles by August 22, 2014.
In case of using a courier service or a private shipping company, the shipping expenses must be pre-paid by the sender and the package must clearly indicate in its description “Cultural material with no commercial value”. The Festival will not cover shipping or customs expenses.
1. Fill out the online submission form at www.ficginla.com before July 21, 2014.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure all information is accurate and current. The information provided in the submission form will be used for the FICG in LA program book and the festival website if the project is selected.
2. Upload the most recent cut of the film (with English or Spanish subtitles depending of the original language) in a link along with the password to the link. DOWNLOADABLE FILES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Incomplete submission forms or failure to provide the required materials will make a project ineligible for this competition.